Saturday, March 14, 2009

Blessing Day

>






We blessed Beck on March 1st and the best part was was that he did not end up wearing a white undershirt! I went shopping with my friend Ashley and we found a cute white polo and white pants which was a huge relief! For some reason the whole blessing bid really stressed me out but lucky for me I have a great mom, mother-in-law, husband, and grandma who pretty much took care of everything for me! We did homemade Cafe Rio salads and I was worried we wouldn't have enough food, but I was also worried that nobody would show up. I probably should have planned something a little more simple for the dinner but in the end everything was perfect which I can't take any credit for. We didn't invited a ton of people so if you weren't invited no need to be offended (and if you were invited consider yourself lucky!). But I was grateful for and excited to see Dane's family that came down and for all of our friends who came! Of course Dane gave him a beautiful blessing and Beck only let out a few snorts during the blessing when his bink fell out...FYI, Dane has given Beck the lovely nickname of "pig" because when he cries or eats he snorts, I love the snorting but not so much the nickname. But anyways in the end it ended up being a perfect day!! Except we did miss Shelby & Trevor,and we wished that Dane's brother and sister and their families lived closer so that they could be here for all these little special occasions too! (Ashley A. and Nicole R. I missed you guys too!!)




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh i am SO glad that he didn't have to wear a undershirt for his blessing! He looks so cute-

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

He is getting so big, I stress out over little things too. We still need to get together and play, even just something simple like watching a movie or something. U busy next week?

The Moons said...

Hmmmmm I know you took a picture of Jake and I eating our salads in the living room???? Im just curious how it didnt make it to the blog......?AWKWARD!!!:) We miss you guys! Last weekend was not the same without our little buddies!!

ashalston said...

Love the pictures! And the outfit looks so cute on Beck! Glad it wasn't one of the white tuxedos. And I'm flattered that you missed me!! Get used to it cause you will be missing me a lot more soon... sad. Anywho, Dyl's family is coming in town this weekend so maybe we can go on a date and have them babysit. I'll call ya.

Trevor and Shelby said...

We miss you guys too! (including the pig ;) who is the cutest nephew ever) and wish we could hae been there, or also that you had come down here for disneyland and sea world for that matter!

Nicole said...

Such cute pictures! He is so cute! I am so sad I couldn't make it and feel so lucky to have ben mentioned as someone missed by not being there!!!! ;) HAHA love ya and call me soon i am sick of phone tag!!!

TJ and Stephanie said...

He is so stinkin cute! He looked so cute in his little white outfit. I'm proud of you for not giving in and blessing him in his onesie! Way to be tough Jess!

Jackson Family said...

Congrats he is adorable! I want to meet him! I will call you when I am down again!

Laurel said...

There was no mention of you missing me.

Lindsay Henderson said...

So I've concluded that we won't see Beck until he's possibly 10 years of age, ha ha. He looked adorable on his blessing day and we're sad we missed it:( Tell Dane hello, miss you guys. Love ya Xo

Laurel said...

ps I just made my blog private. Email me your email address (lmswenson@gmail.com) Word.

Cyn said...

I have no email or facebook addresses to contact you, so I'll have to do it here...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I'm a few hours late, but the thought's been here all day! Hope you had a great one! Loves!!!