Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Ugly Duckling Party

Me and Sara guarding the treat table before the party
Every thursday night all of the girls in the ward get together for "scraps" we don't scrapbook we just get together to talk all night it's awesome! A while ago Sara had a brilliant idea to do a themed scraps and called the it the "ugly ducking party" everybody that came had to bring the most hideous picture of themselves that they could find from the ugliest stage of their life and then Sara put them all in a slideshow, it was SO FUNNY. Everybody's pictures were of course from middle school or junior high - the ugliest years of pretty much everyone's life - and we played a game where we had to guess who everyone was during the slideshow which I thought would be simple but it wasn't! There were some miraculous transformations haha. Before the party I called my mom and dad to have them send me an "ugly duckling" picture and they said they couldn't choose just one so they sent several...should I be offended? Just kidding

4 comments:

Amanda said...

your ugly duckling picture must have been taken that night,....? Yikes!

Anonymous said...

K- I am sooooo copying this idea! I love it! I am so glad that you guys are living there. It looks like you guys are having a blast. You will always have AWESOME memories of medical school. Love you!!

Trevor and Shelby said...

Haha you guys are too cute... or ugly I guess :) looks fun! post your ugly duckling picture!

Rucker Family said...

Haha! What a fun night! Wish I was back in VA with all you cute girls, but maybe not for that night. I would have way too many ugly duckling pics, ha!