Monday, October 1, 2012

Utah

 
 Dane is doing a rotation at the U of U right now so me and the kids got to come along for the fun.
We have only been here a couple weeks but we have already done so many fun things!!
 

 

 

 

 

 

My dad made Beck's vacation dreams come true by taking us golfing the first couple days we were here. I've probably only been golfing maybe 5 times in my life so it was a bit embarrassing, I kept telling my dad and Dane that I was practice-swinging even though we all knew I just kept missing the ball

 

 
 The kids love feeding the sheep (or if your Beck shooting the sheep) and riding Dane's old go-cart when we go to Grandma Myrna and Grandpa Doug's house.
 
 
 One afternoon we went up and met Myrna at the zoo after she got off work, Dane was planning on meeting us but unfortunately got done 4 hours later than planned so we only got to see him for about 15 minutes before we headed back to my parents because it was so late, and Beck cried the whole way home because he missed his dad, it was pretty sad.
 
 Quinn and aunt Lisa at the zoo
Quinn and Grandma Myrna

 

The polar bear and tiger were awesome they came right up to the glass

 
 The other item on Beck's Utah agenda was to go to a BYU Cougars game and what a game it was...they kicked butt
 
Beck and my dad

 
 Dane got Saturday off so we went up to Sundance and rode the lift with Myrna and Doug to see all the leaves, it was beautiful


 

 
 Beck and Grandpa Doug on the lift
 



 

They were having a harvest festival at sundance and Beck was pretty excited about the fire truck

 

 
 We saw Robert Redford while we were there!!


 
 After Sundance we went and had lunch in Midway...I LOVE Midway
 
 Then Doug let Beck ride in the back of the truck for a bit and gave him some binoculars to look for coyotes...Beck took his job very seriously
Part of the reason we love coming to Utah is because we obviously get spoiled rotten when we come!!
St George post still to come

3 comments:

Lara Vanhille said...

I am jealous! Man seeing the mountains really makes me homesick! Looks like you guys are really living it up there! So much fun!

Lou Lou said...

Oh I am so, so jealous! Wish we were up there with you guys!! Quinn is getting so big and is so cute and I LOVED Beck in his BYU hat and shirt. What a stud. Can't wait to steal Dane this month!! Hope you guys can come out too! Maybe over Halloween?? Anyway, love you so much and miss you!!

The Olsons! said...

Love seeing the updates!! Looks like you guys are having a blast!! Those pictures of Beck golfing are so cute. We miss you here! Come back already!