Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Disneyworld!

Thanksgiving was a little bit different this year, instead of spending the day with all of our family and having a big dinner with turkey and sweet potatoes we spent the day with Mickey Mouse and had a big dinner of french toast and eggs. I missed seeing all of the family but I'm definitely not complaining we got to meet up with Myrna and Doug and spend 5 WONDERFUL days together at Disneyworld.

We spent practically every waking moment at Disneyworld, we flew into Orlando thursday morning and drove straight to epcot and we left from the Magic Kingdom Monday night and drove straight to the airport. Dane was a little frustrated one of the days because we didn't leave the hotel until 10 am which meant we had already lost one full hour that could have been spent riding rides.
Here's a picture of Dane and Myrna - Dane is such a momma's boy it's so cute to see how much he loves her (lets get real though it's not like it's hard to love Myrna!) As hard as this might be to believe Dane was even more excited to see his mom than to go to Disneyland.

Me and Doug had a tough time keeping up with Dane and Myrna the whole time, I don't think either one of us realized when we married into the family that it requires AT LEAST 2 trips to Disneyland/world a year if you really want to be a member of the family.


We went to Epcot the first day, Animal Kingdom the second day, Hollywood Studios the third, and the Magic Kingdom the last two days because it's the best. And Myrna booked an incredible hotel/condo for us to stay in, it overlooked a lake with fountains in it and you could watch the fireworks from the balcony, it was fun just to hang out in the hotel and have dinner together and go to the hot tub.


I think the highlight for Beck was the constant flow of icecream, churros, and sprite given to him by his grandparents. I don't think he minded the constant attention from 4 adults either, he put on quite a show to entertain all of us the whole trip. We bought him some Mickey Ears with his name on the back and everything but it took all 4 of us just to get them on his head so we could take one picture of it. And I don't even want to talk about the fact that we took the stroller with us everyday and used it for maybe an hour each day just while he napped in it. He wanted to be carried and so of course we carried him all day everyday!


Hollywood studios has the most AMAZING Christmas light display I have ever seen. They have almost every inch of every building on one street covered in lights and the lights "dance" with the Christmas music that they play while they blow fake snow from the top of all the buildings.




15 comments:

Aly said...

Fun! We went last year at Halloween, but Christmastime looks so much fun. The decorations are so pretty! What a fun, unconventional Thanksgiving.

Cyn said...

We missed you, but I'm glad you had fun. Maybe we'll get there someday...maybe. :)

Ryan & Amanda said...

Oh that looks so fun! I want to go to DisneyWorld someday!

The Fox Family said...

How fun!!! I love disney world!

Maples Family!! said...

IF THOSE ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO BE IN THAT FAMILY, I WOULD LOVE TO BE IN IT!! JEALOUSE!! LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME!

Lindsay Henderson said...

Isn't it amazing at Christmas time!!! I remember almost crying when the snow started falling from the buildings, soo cool, and all the lights and songs...ahh Disney World, love it!!! Miss you guys, tell Myrna and Doug hello! You look great Jessica!! Love you guys!! Merry Christmas!!

Trevor and Shelby said...

Well I guess since you've now met your Disneyworld quota for the year its time to meet your DisneyLAND quota? We'll be waiting... :) (We missed all three of your faces at Thanksgiving, well one in particular, but glad you had fun)

ashalston said...

first, i need your boots... still jealous that you have them. second, beck is honestly one of the cutest babies EVER. third, i'm so jealous that Beck went to Disneyworld before Zoey did! I love the pictures, they are so cute!

*WEST* said...

SO FUN!! I would take Disney anytime that I could get it!! Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Kristy or Josh said...

Well you are lucky to get to go to Disneyworld I have never been. I am like a five year old when I go to Disneyland and I get all excited to see the princesses and I want to get their pretty dresses but they usually only make them in childrens sizes so I don't get one which is lame!

Unknown said...

Look at you!!! I can't believe how similar you look to the last time I saw you! Your son is absolutely adorable. I guess this means I need to get on here and update my blog since it's been about 7 months... : )

TJ and Stephanie said...

How FUN!!! I keep telling TJ that I really really want to take Toby to disneyland. He doesn't really care to go! Seriously, I need Dane to make him see the greatness and take us!
We really miss you guys!

Lacey Tait said...

I love Disney world! I don't think I have ever seen a bigger smile on Dane's face, man he's in heaven and he LOVES that place! Hope you guys have a Happy Holiday!

Jessie Stewart said...

We miss you guys so much! We are both counting down the days until you come back for Christmas break! Can't wait to see little Beck again. I wish it was warm enough for us to take a little kayak trip!

Jackson Family said...

I am so jealous I am having disneyland withdrawls!