Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LOVE




I FAILED as a wife this Valentines Day. I came home from shopping with my friend Ashlee all day to a spotless house, a cleaned car, a dozen red roses, and a new shirt from my favorite store...this was a HUGE deal because every b-day, anniversary, Christmas, and Valentines day I tell Dane that the only thing I want is clothes and he has always claimed that he can't buy me clothes because he thinks he would waste money buying something that I wouldn't like, but unfortunately for him Feb 14, 2011 is going to go down in history as the day he proved to me that he knows exactly what he's doing when he buys womens clothing because I absolutely LOVE the shirt he picked out!!
And guess what I got Dane this year...oh I am so humiliated to say this...nothing!! He got me the perfect gift and I thought I would have time during my shopping trip that day to get him something, I even purposely waited to do it because I knew we would be going to a couple stores that we don't have around here, but Beck was not cooperating and I gave up! Then when I got home from shopping I wanted to hurry and make little Valentines treats for a few of Beck's little buddys and I totally ran out of time!!
It was really fun to take Beck to drop of his Valentines though. We went to his friend Jack's house first and I walked to the door with him and told him that when they opened the door to hand the treat to Jack and say "Happy Valentines Day" but when Jack's dad opened the door he panicked and chucked the treat inside their house and then took off running, leaving me high and dry at the door to wish them a happy Valentines by myself. He caught on after that though.
After we put Beck to bed me and Dane celebrated Valentines with a candle lit dinner of frozen Digiorno pizza and heart shaped cinnamon rolls while we watched the bachelor and then 27 dresses. What a guy, I probably would have pouted if I had been on his end of things getting totally jipped on Valentines but he was really sweet about it and tried to not let me feel one bit guilty about it. Oh well I guess I make up for it for being such the bomb of a wife every other day of the year, jk.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great husband! To have my house cleaned would be the perfect present. AND he watched the Bachelor with you? He must really love you! I can't believe you watched it twice. No wonder you were fading on Tuesday night. Anyways, Happy Valentine's Day!