Thursday, January 2, 2014

Basketball...Take Two





best pose ever..two of the most manly men I know
 
We signed Beck up for basketball last year and it turned out to be a traumatic experience for us both, but I decided to give it one more shot this year.  I knew where I went wrong last time so this year I made sure that he was one of the older kids on the team instead of the youngest and I signed him up with his best bud Nate.  It went much better this time around and now he doesn't even claim to hate basketball anymore.  They spent 3 nights practicing and then they had 3 games, the games were HILARIOUS none of the kids had a clue what was going on they just ran around chasing the ball and pushing eachother down.  I could tell Beck felt totally uncomfortable and confused but he stuck with it and on the third game he made a basket and then holy cow he came alive!  All the sudden he was doing everything he could to get his hands on that ball including stealing it from his own teamates of course. But the most exciting part of all was when they gave everyone on the team a medal after the last game...I truly don't know if I have ever seen him more excited in his life, he wore it proudly around his neck for days after and has requested we get a special hook on his wall to hang it on...and sometimes when hes feeling really generous he even lets me and Quinn hold it for a couple minutes
 

No comments: