Thursday, January 2, 2014

Moms Are The Best...Especially Mine

 





 
I knew before we started residency that it wasn't going to be a cake-walk but I thought (and hoped) I'd be able to make it past the first 6 months before I had to call my mom to vent about being a little overwhelmed with life.  Not the case... I called her the day before they left to Arizona for Thanksgiving knowing that she would know exactly what to say to give me a little bit of comfort and encouragement and on the day they got home from Arizona she called me to tell me she had booked a flight to come out and visit me that next week.  A few days with my mom was exactly what I needed we spent most the time shopping and eating which are the two things we do best and just had a really good time.  I'm so grateful to have a mom that will drop everything right in the middle of the busy holiday season just to come make sure I'm happy...I'm one lucky girl.  And let me put out a disclaimer that even though I know this post sounds really dramatic about residency...I don't want anyone thinking I'm over here having a real major breakdown...I just wanted my mom for a few days ok!

1 comment:

TJ and Stephanie said...

You really do have a pretty awesome mom!! She sure loves you and your family!!
Also, I loved Beck's birthday post, he is the cutest boy ever!!
When you go private, don't leave me out!!
Miss you guys!
stephanieann9@gmail.com