Sunday, October 19, 2008

Virginia: Home Sweet Home?

Yeah - this whole post is me bragging about Dane so prepare!
Wednesday afternoon we got some BIG HUGE EXCITING NEWS!! The medical school that Dane interviewed for said that they would let him know by the 15th if him getting in was a yes, no, or maybe. So all day he was pretty much glued to his inbox and finally at 4:00 pm while he was staring at the empty inbox an E-mail from Virginia popped up and I think you can guess what it said!!! DANE IS GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!! When he finally got it he sang, danced, jumped on the bed, and of course practiced his new signature with an "M.D" at the end for about 2 hours haha. But I still consider it to be a pretty mellow reaction after the last 5 years that Dane has spent working his tail off to get in to school. Anything I could say to prove how hard of a worker he is would be an understatement so just trust me. But I am sooooo proud of him and happy for both of us haha!! We both know that we have been majorly blessed in a lot of different ways and we're soooo grateful!!!!!

16 comments:

*WEST* said...

That is so COOL! A BIG congrats!!!

Jackson Family said...

congrats thats so cool! I bet he is thrilled! Thats sad that you are moving so far away though! When does he start we definatyl heve to play before you move!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Congrats! I knew he would do it!! That is super exciting!!

Brittany said...

Wow!! Daner? Lil Beaner?? We're so stoked for you guys!! that is so freakin' awesome-

Dan and Al Gardner said...

Dane is going to Offically be a doctor? I don't know if I'm excited or scared! J/K! That's awesome, now we have an excuse to go to Virginia!!

Lindsay said...

Way to go Daner!!!! So proud of you, Doctor Church. That is great news:)

Love you both (and the little one to come)

Amanda said...

Umm,.. that's awesome,.. one question though,.. why did a pre med guy marry such a,.. well,.. bigger girl,.. REALLY big girl,.. who is getting exponentionally bigger!? p.s. when are we going to get together,.. hopefully not in public please!?

Cyn said...

Congrats! I guess this means the trip to AZ has been cancelled instead of postponed! :)

Lance and Becky said...

Congrats you guys! Dane is such a hard worker, and so deserves some great blessings from it! Way to go!

And also, Jess, I love the quilt...great job, it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, to the both of you.. It not only will take Dane's smarts but your patience Jessica and it will pay off!!

Stephanie said...

Hey thanks for the fun night on Wednesday! Lets do it again soon. I hope you have a fun weekend see you Sunday. Oh and if you need another ride just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Yay Dane!!!!!!!!!!! We are so stoked for you guys. We knew all the hard work would pay off. We love you guys!

Mary Anne said...

yeah dane! that's so fun for you guys. no problem having the quilting hobby once THAT money starts rolling in! P.S. I love the quilt. I seriously looks amazing. That's a lucky little Beck you guys are gonna have.

Karly said...

jessica, yay, i found your blog! now we can keep in touch and not let our husbands wait so long in between hanging out, they had way too much fun last night!

Erin said...

Congrats!! I need to know where exactly, because we are secretly looking at grad schools out of state but I'm terrified. Maybe we will just follow you so I don't have to be alone! LOL But really, we were looking at Virginia Tech, but where are you going?

PS I tagged you!

kelsie*marie said...

Jessica! That is SO amazing! Congrats! My one concern is that you will be leaving your job at TRH at some point and I'm really not sure if your husband becoming a doctor is worth that...you know.