Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baby Shower!

Friday night my mom's side of the family gave me and my cousin Jo a double baby shower, we're due a week apart and we're both having boys (and all I can say is their baby better not beat out our baby at getting to play baby Jesus when we act out the nativity for our family Christmas party this year!)
I LOVE baby showers even when they aren't for me, but obviously I like them best when they are for me. So I was already super excited for the shower but the best part of all was the unexpected guest who forgot to RSVP for the shower...SHELBY!!! Shelby surprized ALL of us and flew in from San Diego for the shower! Shelby is my one and only sister and her and her husband Trevor moved to California in the summer so this is by far the longest period of time I have ever gone without seeing her - I must say I am NOT a fan of having my family scattered anywhere outside of Utah (even if we do have a place to stay now when we go to Disneyland). Anyways, it was so so fun to have Shelby here this weekend (it wouldn't have been too bad to see Trevor too but you can't win em all!) and P.S. me and Dane are so thankful for how generous people have been helping us get ready for our little guy so THANK YOU!


14 comments:

Dukes said...

Yay for baby showers! All I can say is that if someone didn't get you a book about sleeping, then definitely get one. I kick myself everyday for not getting one and reading it before Alex was born. A good one is called "On Becoming Baby Wise." Good luck!

Unknown said...

Jessica you look so dang cute! I didnt know your sister moved away!!! That is crazy! Well I cant wait to see pictures of the little guy!!

Amanda said...

Hey fatty!! YOu are superbly fat these days! CALL ME,.. we obviously have some catching up to do!!!

ashalston said...

You are the cutest thing ever. Seriously hating you. :) Hope you are enjoying work and naps while you can! I want to hang out before you have your little tyke so i'll text ya!

jo said...

Oh my, do I really look like that:) haaha. I am so glad that you found us! You are one hot preggo:)

Lacey Tait said...

Hey that shower was so fun! And you are looking so cute! Can't wait to see ya at Thanksgiving!!

*WEST* said...

getting closer....you are a very cute prego girl...

TJ and Stephanie said...

I love baby showers...and babies! I am SO excited for Beck to come! I miss cuddling a baby...When he gets here can I borrow yours?

Lance and Becky said...

How darn cute are you! Seriously, you look amazing, and I'm glad you had a great baby shower!

Landon and Julie said...

JESSICA-YOU ARE TOO CUTE! WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR LITTLE BECK TO ARRIVE! :)

Laurel said...

Jess, I need to know 2 things.
1. When does your kid plan on getting out?
2. Can we be real friends again, not just blogging friends? I feel that our friendship goes deeper than bloggig buddies but I'm beginning to question that feeling.
Word out.

Kate said...

HEY! Just heard the good news!! Congrats on the new little baby!

Lindsay Henderson said...

Okay, you're officially in trouble. I have to see baby Beck! You know I've checked your blog multiple times a day and what do I see...nothing. My heart almost stops because I think it's a different post, um nope, same one. I'll cut ya come slack though! Love you guys and congrats, we're so happy for you! Oh, and the gift is on its way! Love-Linds

Beckstrom Bunch said...

Jessica...I saw your cute parents at the SLC temple over the weekend. Your mom said that the baby has arrived. Congratulations!! I still can't believe you have a little guy--so exciting!