Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween - Roar!!


We LOVE Halloween and it's so much more fun now that I have a little guy to dress up and who earns me a bunch of candy from trick-or-treating. We carved our pumpkins the night before which is one of Dane's all time favorite things in this world. He does all the pumpkin gutting because even though I LOVE pumpkin scented anything I think the real smell of pumkin is the sickest thing in the world. Beck of course enjoyed eating the pumpkin while Dane got them ready to carve. And I accomplished something I didn't think was possible...for the first time(and probably the last) Dane complimented my pumpkin carving skills...he is usually disgusted with me because I don't put nearly as much effort into it as he thinks I should.




Is this the cutest lion you have ever seen?? I couldn't stop taking pictures!! He actually did a pretty good job at wearing his costume for most of the night, and it was his favorite stuffed animal to play with when he wasn't wearing it.

Here's some of the trick-or-treating gang we went with. Rachel with her cute girls Lydia and Eliza and Lissa with her darling little ballerina Kylea.

Our friends shared their wagon with Beck while we trick-or-treated and this was his expression the entire time, he looked completely shocked and was holding on to the sides for dear life.


While we were trick-0r-treating he hacked into one of the twix bars and got it all over and was ticked when we took it away, but we made it up to him and gave him some chocolate when we got home and he was out of his costume and he devoured it in no time (he takes after his mom!). After we put Beck to bed I enjoyed almost all the rest of his candy while me and Dane watched my favorite Halloween movie Practical Magic, it's tradition for me and my mother-in-law Myrna to watch it together every year so it was sad to watch it without her but Dane's a good sport at watching my girly movies with me.

12 comments:

Lacey Tait said...

SO cute I love Beck in his cute Lion costume! Looks like you guys had a fun halloween season!

Trevor and Shelby said...

What a cute lion, and what super impressive pumpkin carving skills! I just don't know what kind of a parent eats all of their child's Halloween candy ;)

Justin and Ashley said...

I love that movie! Beck is getting so big I just can't believe he's almost a year old! I love his costume. I miss you Jessica!

The Moons said...

how cute is mr. beck!! Britton is now drulling ( how do you spell that word ?) just like beck now! He is CONSTANTLY wet all over his face, shirt, and my shirt! Its AWESOME!! So..... still waiting for your call :) what day do you guys get here for christmas?

The Moons said...

haha drool ? droll? drooll?

Anonymous said...

Beck really IS the cutest little lion I've ever seen!!! You are totally at an advantage right now because your kid doesn't realize that mom ate all his candy, mine on the other hand... I try to explain to them that they must be mistaken when they thought they had 4 reeses peanut butter cups left last time they looked. We miss you guys!!

Nicole said...

He is so adorable! I love Halloween and you're right it is so much better with kids! Just wait it gets even better! You look so good! You need to come visit me soon!

Ryan and Steph Dudley said...

Isn't that the greatest movie ever! I am actually growing my hair out to look like Sandra Bullocks off that movie. Beck looks super cute in his costume, I'm sad Halloween is all over :(

Anonymous said...

Bjorn and Beck matched, because they had the same outfit! Funny!

Rich and Kristen Nash said...

Hey! I just wanted to say hi! We haven't caught up with you guys in so long! Your pics are great and your little boy is the cutest!

Doug and Myrna Kay said...

I was your fill in for Practical Magic this year. (twice) The pics are the best and brings back so many memories. We miss you guys and cant wait for Thanksgiving!

Dallings said...

Cute lion! I love how Dane was proud of your carving effort, you are too cute Jessica.