Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Florida - Spring Break

For Dane's spring break we headed down to Florida for one heck of a vacation! We went down with 3 of the most fun couples ever and had a blast staying together in a condo right on the beach.

The condo we stayed at had a lakeside pool, oceanside pool, and the beach was beautiful. We learned quickly that Beck is definitely not afraid of the water, he had no problem bellyflopping in whenever he got the chance.


We spent our nights chatting, eating, watching Bryan Regan, and of course playing lots of games!
Beck spent his nights glued to baby einstein with Josh and Emily's darling little Lydia

Tuesday we went to DISNEYWORLD!!! The only proper way to describe a day at disney is MAGICAL!!!
Emily, Lydia, me, Beck, Danielle, Nichole (and Lucy)
This makes 3 trips to Disney for Beck, but this was the first time that he met any of the characters, he still doesn't get it of course but someday when he knows who Woody is he might think it's cool that he has a picture with him haha.

Still no reaction from Beck on any of the rides either. He doesn't have a clue what a great childhood we have given him so far. I just hope we make it back when he is old enough to really appreciate the joy of Disney.


Oh and don't worry my 27-year-old child Dane was able to get on almost all of the rides so he was a very happy boy. I still wouldn't have been surprised if he had come up missing one of the last days of the trip because he had snuck off for another day in Disney.



We were staying about 20 mins away from St Augustine (the nations oldest city) so we spent one of the days seeing some historical sites and doing a little shopping.


Yes we did!!
Erik, Brian, Beck, Dane, Josh


I'm not going to lie I was a little worried that after living together for a week we would all be sick of each other by the end, but not true (at least for me) I'm already brainstorming what our next group vacation could be!! I'm so glad these guys have to be our friends for at least 3 more years I'm sure this was only the beginning of many good times together!

16 comments:

Joanie Harbor said...

ok your beauty never ceases to amaze me - you are gorgeous!!! and i love the pic of beck and your hubby (close up when you first get to that old city) cuz it looks like beck has an earring on his right ear :) haha

The Fox Family said...

yay! I love it! your little point and shoot takes WAY good pics! I am waiting to post until i get some pics from Danielle...maybe. I might get a lil anxious. You have such a beautiful family! We had so much fun with you guys. I am so glad that you guys are so hardcore that nothing could keep you from Floridia! (even that terrible drive down!) Umm also I wanted to say...i love that picture of us on the magic carpet...we are WAY more into it than Beck! hahaha! I promise I do like..actually love your adorable little boy! :)

Jackson Family said...

so cute! i am so jealous that you guys went to disney my parents are there right now and all i can say is I have been crying since they left! lol I tried to talk christian into driving there sunday night no such luck! Beck is getting so big you need to make a trip to utah in sep so you can meet our new little one and we can play!

Aly said...

Love it! Glad you had so much fun. It really is magical. I love Disney World. And the beach!

TJ and Stephanie said...

HOW FUN! I WANT SO BAD TO TAKE TOBY TO DISNEYLAND! LUCKY LITTLE BECK!!!
YOU LOOK AWESOME JESS, WE MISS YOU GUYS!

Furniss Family said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Glad you all had a blast :) Love the pictures.

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Ok I said the same thing about the earring...too funny!! You are all as cute as ever and we missyou tons!! I am still waiting for that phone call next time you decide to visit good ole Utah!!! And look at all the fun you have had since you have moved your never gonna wanna come back!!

ps...chelsey says hi!!

Trevor and Shelby said...

Man that kid is spoiled, how many times has he gone disney, like 12? Cute pictures, looks fun but a little bird mentioned some adventures in South Carolina that I really want to hear about!

Rucker Family said...

What a fun vacation! Love the pics! :)

Unknown said...

Hey! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I had no idea that you were so close. We're here in Indiana, but take lots of trips to SC... that's a lot closer than UT! We should get together!

joshandemily said...

We had so much fun with you guys! So glad we could go with the Disney Guru! I loved looking through your pics and I can't wait for round 2! So glad we're friends.

Unknown said...

According to Facebook today is your birthday! Since I know you rarely check Facebook I thought I would leave you a message here. Happy birthday Jessica! I hope it's a great one!

Truman & Amy said...

Your baby is ridiculously adorable! And you are so beautiful as usual! Oh my goodness...
What a darling family, I love reading your blog ;)

love Amy :)

Laurel said...

I'm going to blog today. And the only reason I'm going to blog is so that you and I can have some type of communication between blog comments. What has happened to our relationship?!

Dallings said...

What a beautiful family. I'm glad you had so much fun. I know where to go to get a cute mickey mouse shirt. I love the picture of you and Beck with Woody.

Unknown said...

nice pix.... :D