Monday, March 1, 2010

Winter Ball

Friday night was one of the most fun date nights me and Dane have ever had!! The medical campus at his school puts on a Winter Ball every year (for anyone lucky enough to get tickets within the 5 min. before they sell out). This year it was held at the Jefferson Hotel which is incredible, it's old, elegant, and absolutely beautiful. It was so much fun getting all dressed up and spending the night with all of our friends gambling (too bad it was fake money or we would be rich), eating, and dancing.
(Emily, Danielle, Nichole, Lauren, Me, Erin)
This is almost all of us first year wives. Good thing I love these girls cause we are stuck with eachother for the next 4 years!

(me and Emily)
Speaking of girls I love I can't tell you how much fun this cute girl is!
(Erik, Dane, Tommy)
I of course was not at all surprised that Dane wanted to spend most of the night gambling, he was glued to the roulette table, I stuck with blackjack and betting on horseraces. But there was one part of the night where Dane not only surprised me, he shocked me. We go onto the dance floor and it was just as I expected, all the other girls were looking so dang cute while they were dancing and then there was me, I was using any and every move I have ever learned from my good old dad who I think gets most of his moves from "The Chicken Dance Song". But then I look over at Dane and thats when I really felt stupid because to my dismay Dane Church can bust a move!! I can't believe that after almost 5 years of marriage I have never seen him dance before, and let me tell you he really can dance!! I guess his talents really are endless.
While Dane gambled me and my fellow sugar junkies attacked the treat table.

(me,Dane,Sara,Tommy)
Me and Dane love these two, they are a total blast to hang out with!




From the pictures it doesn't look like me and Dane spent any time together but we did and we had a ton of fun! One last highlight from the night is when me and Dane were dancing I was telling him how I was feeling a little embarrassed about my dancing and instead of saying something like "oh you look perfectly fine" Dane says "I'm sure we could find SOMEONE who looks stupider than you". hahaha I would hope so since we were dancing with a bunch of drunk people!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun! It's always so fun to get dressed up and go out! I am happy you have so many fun friends.Oh and I am sure your dancing is fine, and the drunk people are the best part to watch when going out. haha

Furniss Family said...

Haha, that looks like it was so much fun and you look very darling :) I'm sure you are a great dancer, but you make me laugh the comments you were making :) Being a mom of a newborn and stuff this year we couldn't go, but I want to go next year for sure :)

The Fox Family said...

Your quick! I need to post soon! I agree with this being one of the best date nights ever! But I ALSO feel like from my pics it looks like Erik and I never hung out! haha. I love how you narrate the night, you make me laugh so hard. I really enjoyed the horse racing moment with you! I think we both got a little too crazy! ;) Oh...and I didn't think you looked funny dancing at all!

Nicole said...

Looks like you're having fun! We sure miss you here! When you coming here to visit next?

The Miles Family said...

Jessica you looked so cute..as always! I love your dress. I didn't notice any funny dance moves coming from you. At least you can feel camouflaged with all the crazies..that's what makes me feel comfortable dancing. :)

Hksedwick said...

Well I am sure the guy from the Fiesta would have thought your dance moves rocked the house ;) You are so cute and I definitely didn't notice any spastic dance moves from your side of the circle.

Dallings said...

You weren't kidding, that picture was going on the blog! You are just so sweet. I always tell David, I love that girl. It was one of the greatest nights ever! You made my jaws hurt, I was loving you and Nicole at the horse race.

Trevor and Shelby said...

Einstein once said that "Dancers are the athletes of God." And you know what sis? With moves like yours, they better just hand over the gold medal right now. ;)

ashalston said...

that's awesome! we vetoed our winter ball. and i'm kinda glad. because there are no fun girls to hang out with. i freakin miss you. but i am so happy that you are loving life as a med student's wife and glad that you have a fun group of girls!!

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

Thats hilarious and a typical boy response to your dancing. Sounds like something my husband would say too. Looks like you guys are having so much fun out there. eas