Sunday, June 27, 2010

Boston - New York City



This summer has already been one of the most fun summers of my life! For the first time since we've been married (and probably the only time until retirement) me and Dane are both free from work and school at the same time so aside from a little bit of research that Dane's doing we've been spend all day every day together...it's been so wierd but so fun!! So last week we decided we better take advantage of this time and take a little vacation (one of the only vacations we've ever taken that didn't include Disneyland haha)


First we drove up to Boston to with our good friends Kimball and Briana who live in a super cute apartment downtown. Aside from the fact that Beck woke us all up at 6 am everyday and was determined to break anything they owned worth over $100 it was awesome! The first day we went to Boston Commons (the first public park in America) and walked the Freedom Trail, which is a walking tour of several American Landmarks (including the cemetery where Paul Revere and John Hancock are buried).



The next day we drove to Salem where all the Salem Witch Trials took place and took a fun little trolley tour around the town and found some crazy little shops, I wish we had gotten pictures of everything we saw that day but we didn't.


Friday we got up early (thanks to Beckett) and drove to NYC!! When we got there we had a list of places that we heard were good to eat but we were too hungry and ended up eating at Subway!
We took the train into town which took us right next to ground zero. Then we walked down Broadway and Wall Street to Battery Park to see the Statue Of Liberty



If you look REALLY close you can see the Statue of Liberty behind us in these pics




Saturday we took the train downtown to Times Square we could have spent all day in all of the fun stores they had there!
I know this is wierd but one my favorite places we went was the Toys R Us in Times Square, mostly because of the giant indoor ferris wheel, it was SWEET!! I wanted to ride in the barbie car, it would have been a childhood dream come true, but we had so much we wanted to see that we didn't want to wait an hour to get on


Check out these giant gummy bears! If they weren't $45 dollars I would have bought a couple for myself and one for all my sugar lovin girl friends back in Virginia


The highlight of the trip for Beck was probably hangin with his new girlfriend Briana, he made her hold his hand for like an hour in the car on the drive from Boston to New York





The piano from the Tom Hanks movie "Big", it was so fun, they let the kids play on it for awhile and then the some of the workers at the toy store came and played the song that Tom Hanks played on Big

I'm telling you these toy stores were sweet!


Another huge highlight that I had planned on going to was this awesome candy shop called Dylans Candy Bar that is 3 levels of candy!! Aside from the fact that I couldn't bring myself to spend $13 for a candy bar I was in HEAVEN!!
We went to serendipity but didn't want to wait for 2 hours to eat there, it was nothing like I pictured but I'm sure I would have loved the food!
We had the best time in Boston and NYC and LOVED hanging out with Kimball and Briana. They are such a fun couple and we had a blast staying with them exploring NYC together. This trip we made some good good memories!

11 comments:

TJ and Stephanie said...

Beck seems like the most content kid ever! What a fun trip. I would love to visit NYC someday! Man, I wish my summer was as fun packed as yours!!!

Cyn said...

Guess we missed you in NYC by a couple of weeks! We went to Serendipity on a rainy day and got right in. Frozen hot chocolate and fries...mmmmmm! We were there nearly a week and still didn't come close to seeing everything we wanted to! Glad you had fun!
Loves to all!
Aunt Cyncie :)

Aly said...

Fun! You guys got a lot in there. Fun that you have friends who live up in Boston, too. I love both of those cities. Enjoy the (weird) time together!

Jackson Family said...

way cute pictures but seriously save some fun for the rest of us!!! When are you coming to UT?!?! I am getting fatter by the second! I am sure you sould enjoy seeing me all swollen lol

The Miles Family said...

LOVE all the pics- and don't you just look like a beauty queen in all the pics:) Dang I am gonna have to step it up if I am goingto be in your next set of New York pics in September!!! I can't wait!

Jenna said...

looks like a great time! you guys don't mess around on your vacations. however, i think you forgot to document a picture of everyone in pajamas?? :)

The Fox Family said...

im glad you had fun!!! I am offended though that I didn't get a giant gummi bear souvenir. ;) And.. i for one think your hair looks great in these pics!! I haven't seen it down in so long and I love it!

Lee & Kindra said...

You look so beautiful in EVERY picture! I love New York. It's such a fun city.

Cathy said...

Do I need to tell you what a cute family you are? Can you adopt me so I can go on vacation with you? What an amazing story you kids are living. Enjoy every minute!

Love,
Aunt Kitty

Trevor and Shelby said...

Your hair is getting super long! And we were at Universal Studios last week and saw those exact same giant gummy bears! talk about 22,000 calories of heaven!

Anonymous said...

Let me start by giving props to both you and Dane... I'm LOVING your long hair Jess and I think Dane looks like a stud with the buzz. Looks like such a fun trip! Make the most of this summer you have together!! Wish we could be with you guys!