Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This should probably embarrass me

I can't believe I'm posting this picture for 2 reasons:
#1 - Because I'm showing everyone that looks at this blog how lovely I look after spending the day at the waterpark - no make-up, wet ponytail, and wearing sweat pants!
#2 - Maybe because I'm just standing around chillin with ROZLYN FROM THE BACHELOR!!!

Holy smokes!! This was even more exciting to me than river rafting with Harrison Ford in Jackson Hole. I have no shame admitting that I LOVE and look forward to the bachelor every Monday night I think I'm even in an extra good mood on Sunday just because it's the day before bachelor Monday jk.
So anyways - we were hanging out at Kings Dominion with some of our friends in the ward, and the boys were watching the kids while us girls went on one of the rollercoasters, so as me and Sara were getting off the rollercoaster I noticed a beautiful blonde girl standing there and thought "hmm I know her from somewhere". Well as soon as I saw the look on Brittany and Emily's faces (who had just got off the rollercoaster before us) it clicked in my mind pretty quick where I knew that girl from IT WAS ROZLYN!! So all 4 of us sat there in a little huddle trying to figure out how we were going to go about meeting her. Finally Emily (the only one of us who doesn't watch the bachelor) all the sudden just marched off and walked up to her and said something to the effect of "I've never seen the bachelor but are you Rozlyn?". So then we all trailed up single file behind her and talked to her AHHH!! Wait let me clarify...Sara, Emily, and Brittany talked to her while I sat there star struck and silent! Sara asked her all kinds of questions about the show (we were all wishing we could have at least had a little time to brainstorm all the questions we had) but she was super nice to us and shared a few secrets from the show. So after talking to her for a few minutes we walked away and acted like giddy little 12 year old girls and ran to tell our husbands who were just thrilled to hear every detail jk. But unfortunately none of us had our camera's with us so we didn't get a pic, but then later while the boys were on a ride and we were watching the kids we spotted her again!! So Emily was kind enough to sit with some of the kids while me, Sara, and Brittany grabbed whichever kid just happened to be standing closest to us (to help lighten Emily's load) and took off running after Rozlyn. It took a little bit of strategy to figure out which way we should run so we could just "happen to run into her" and we finally tracked her down sitting on a bench waiting for her son on a ride. So even though we were SOOO embarrassed (for good reason I know) we walked up to her again and asked for a picture and then chatted with her awhile longer (this time I actually even talked), and found out that her ex-husband went to the same school that our husband's go to for dental school and she used to hang out at our apartment complex with couples that her and her husband knew from school!!! CRAZY!!! If you saw her on the bachelor I'm sure you didn't like her but she was really super nice when we talked to her so I am now I am a Rozlyn fan, and I am standing behind her!! Cause that what you do for your friends which is exactly what we are now, best friends! jk

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ha ha that is so cool. I saw the Guy from Desperate House Wives in the Airport a few months ago and I was way to nervous to say anything (The super hot Gardner?) Anyways proud of you girls for talking with her she is beautiful! I also get excited Monday nights so don't be shy, I want to know the secrets to the show! Tell me please!

Christen said...

You girls are ridiculous ... and I LOVE it! ;)

Mary Anne said...

JESSICA! When I saw that picture I was like "she looks familiar..." and when I read your story I was shocked! I still can't believe it. Incredible. I'm the same way about Mondays...except we don't have cable (boo) so I watch it on Tuesdays online during Sadie's nap! Now that's embarrassing...

Amanda said...

You WOULD be best friends with her,.. because she is a hussy,...just like you. And you should be embarassed to be in a picture with her,.. she is skinny,.. and you,....... well,.... take up the rest of the picture. How is that workin for you by the way,.. the whole chubby thing!? loves!

Chase Family said...

We want in on the show secrets!!!

Logan|Lexy said...

Holy hell!

That's Rozlyn Papas!!! Jealous...
:)

The Godfreys said...

haha that is too funny that you met her, and yes I secretly love that show too, so does my husband!

Sara said...

Ha loved reading this post reliving those glorious memories!!! Love it! I like the way you tell the story too:) Very entertaining!

The Brady Fam said...

That is awesome! I am OBSESSED with the that show! I wish we could have bachelor parties together because I am always watching it by myself.

P.S. Beck is a freakin cutie!

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

I too am not ashamed to say that I look forward to that show all week. That's crazy you ran into her. You are both so tiny.