Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sorry Ladies - He's Mine!






Beck is a dream child (I'm choosing to forget about all of his crazy 3-year-old tantrums right now) I don't know how I got so lucky to get this kid!  Let me give you a few examples of why I say this:
1 - The other day I was emptying the dishwasher and Beck comes up behind me and just picks up the tray of silverware and goes and puts it all away - in the right slot and everything, and then when he was done with that he took all of the waterbottles out of the dishwasher and without me asking filled them all up with water and put them in the fridge
2 - Dane swept up the kitchen floor the other night and then put the broom away and just left the pile of food and dirt on the floor, and then 2 minutes later (without me saying anything) Beck walks in the kitchen, see's the pile of dirt and gets the broom and dust pan back out and sweeps the dirt into the dust pan and throws it away!!!  What the heck, how did he notice and think to do that!?
3 - This has happened multiple times - I've been in the kids room getting them dressed in the morning and handed Beck his clothes to put on and he says: "not until I make my bed silly!".  The crazy thing is up until that point I had NEVER told Beck to make his own bed.
4 - This is just sweet - the other night we put both kids to bed and Quinn was crying so I went in to comfort her and Beck said that he wanted her to lay by him so I put her next to him in his bed and for almost ten minutes he held her hand with one hand and tickled her face (the soft way) with his other and kept sporadically kissing her forehead, and then finally said "it's time for you to go to bed now sweetie" and gave her a kiss and told me to put her back in her crib.

What a guy huh!?!?  I would say I don't know where he gets it, but I have an idea...a couple of Dane's highschool friends have told me that one of their favorite things to do when they went to Dane's house in highschool was open a cupboard or move a rug or pillow when Dane wasn't looking and then without skipping a beat he would immediately notice it and fix it.

3 comments:

Nat said...

those stories about beck are adorable. especially the one about him and quinn in his bed. matt and I both enjoyed that one. so cute!

TJ and Stephanie said...

Ha, Dane just doesn't sweep up his dirt piles though huh? :)
That's very sweet, cute little Beck!!

Furniss Family said...

Lincoln and Beck are too much alike!! Lincoln loves to help me too, I seriously love it! I hope they always stay that way, their wives someday will love it! Such a sweet little guy!