Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Beck ... I Mean Dane


Dane is now officially an old man - he turned 30 last week!!  I can't believe I'm married to a 30-year-old...I remember when my parents were in their 30's!! 


As soon as Dane got home from school we opened presents, thanks to Old Navy and their 40% off sale it looked like I went all out for him!   Then I was excited to show him the little slideshow I made him of a bunch of pictures of him that his grandma gave me awhile ago that he hadn't seen before.  Then we sang and did birthday doughnuts (as luck would have it our neighbors brought over home-made doughnuts right as I was getting out stuff to make cupcakes, Dane doesn't even really like cupcakes but I had to have something to put candles in so I just used the doughnuts).  After eating our doughnuts we took the kids over to Ashlee's and me and Dane went and ate our favorite place Bakers Crust.






Beck was so excited all day for Dane to come home  I wasn't sure if he realized the balloons and presents were for Dane and not him.  No matter who they were for he still had a good time opening all the presents and blowing out the candles and since there were lots of pictures of him with Dane in the slideshow I think he was feeling pretty special himself.




The kids were loving playing in the balloons but at soon as I went to take a picture of them Quinn wouldn't cooperate and it was making me mad because I hate them to have any fun without me being able to get a picture for the blog (don't say it, I know that I need to get a life!) so this is embarrassing  but I yelled at her to sit down in the pile of balloons and look like she was having fun (let me say this again, I know that I need to get a life) after I yelled at her Beck came up and got right up in my face and said "don't yell at Quinn she's just a BABY!!!!"   Moral of the story, sometimes my 3-year-old is much more logical and sane than I am


Anyways back to the real reason for this post
HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY DANE!!

2 comments:

Landon and Julie said...

Cutest story ever! I love your little family! We miss you guys!

Cathy said...

Love your little stories, Cupcake. You have adorable kids!